Could you use some inspiring quotes?
Often we don’t quite know how to put things and then we see a quote and go “Yes, that’s exactly it!
So from time to time, when I need a little boost, I check the Internet for quotes, like “inspiring quotes”, “success quotes”, “motivational quotes” et cetera.
Or I get inspired when I stumble across a perfect quote by accident. And that, in turn, makes me look for other quotes with a similar message.
This is how this collection of 11 quotes came to be
I was sitting at my desk, leafing through an automotive magazine for work, when I came across this great quote, in huge orange letters on a left-hand page:
“Wer immer tut, was er schon kann, bleibt immer das, was er schon ist”. – Henry Ford
This is a loose translation of “If you do what you’ve always done you’ll get what you’ve always gotten” which the magazine attributed to Henry Ford.
However, the German quote translates back as “If you only do, what you already know [how to do], you will always stay the way you already are”.
This really hit me and it’s a perfect fit for one of my earlier posts on ditching self-doubt.
So I checked out more Henry Ford quotes and collected the ones I liked best to share them with you.
Nowadays, it is difficult to be sure who really said what, since many quotes get attributed to different people.
However, reading his quotes, I imagine it would be fantastic if we could have a chat with Henry Ford today.
So here are 10 great quotes to step out of your comfort zone
1. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” – Henry Ford
2. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
3. “There are seven days in a week. Someday isn’t one of them.” – Unknown
4. “I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say what is and what is definitely not possible.”
– Henry Ford, which ties in nicely with Paulo Coelho’s quote below
5. “Impossible is just an opinion” – Paulo Coelho
6. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
7. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “Career satisfaction comes from who you get to be while you’re doing what you do.”
9. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
10. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better,
do better.” – Maya Angelou
Now, there are a lot of great quotes out there. I wanted to keep this list short and I also prefer not to mix different messages or topics here.
These inspirational quotes all underline what I said in my on taking action, letting go of self-doubt and doing this thing you would love to do!
So hopefully, this list will help you get out of your comfort zone. Don’t be scared, don’t overthink it and just do it!
Go ahead and share your favorite quote in the comments below.
With the “quote overload” on the web, we might never find your quote ourselves…
Improve yourself. Improve your life!
- The Joy Factor: The Secret Ingredient to Crush Your Goals - July 13, 2023
- Areas of Personal Growth – Focus on Just One - September 3, 2022
- Let No One Stop You From Following Your Dreams - August 13, 2022