Get inspired by these New Year’s resolutions examples with 50 great ideas of goals you can pursue all year. New year, new goals.
Or maybe it is “New year, same goals… hopefully, this time I’ll finally stick to them” for you.
It may not even be the new year right now. And that’s great.
There’s no rule that you can only set goals and resolutions in January.
So, if you need inspiration for fantastic New Year’s resolutions, this is for you.
And if you are curious about great goals, you can set for yourself…
I got you, too.
So let’s dive right into it.
- Healthy new year’s resolution examples
- Resolutions that improve your mind
- Self-care resolution examples
- Resolutions to become more productive
- Smart new year’s resolution examples
- Resolution examples for your finances
- Social new year’s resolution examples
- New Year’s resolution examples for students
You will find more infographics at Statista
Helpful list of 50 New Year’s resolution examples
Let’s start our list with a few healthy goals. As the statistic above shows, health-related New Year’s resolutions are very popular!
Maybe you feel guilty after all the food and drinks you enjoyed during the holiday season. Or maybe you simply want to live a more health-conscious life.
But let’s take a look at a few ideas…
List of healthy New Year’s resolution examples
- Get in shape
- Train for a competition
- Lose weight
- Eat healthier
- Drink less alcohol
- Quit smoking
- Take more walks
- Become a vegan
Stay motivated in 2023
Treat yourself or someone you love to this beautiful inspirational calendar. You’ll stay motivated all year with 52 weekly inspirational quotes.
List of New Year goals for your mind
It’s not only important to take care of your body, but you also need to nourish your mind. So let’s check out a few mind-related goals.
- Spend less time on Social Media
- Watch less TV
- Reduce stress
- Learn to control your emotions
- Choose to be happier
- Stand up for yourself
- Get more confident
- Conquer a fear
List of self-care New Year’s resolutions examples
Self-care is crucial, yet you often don’t make it a priority. It’s something most of us squeeze in if we have a little time.
Self-care allows you to stay healthy. Recharge. Be more present and resilient.
Sounds pretty important, right?
So, what are a few great things you can do to take great care of yourself?
- Create a morning routine
- Get regular massages
- Start meditating
- Practice gratitude
- Start a success journal
- Compliment yourself
- Stop complaining
- Quit apologizing
More New Year habits to improve yourself
New Year’s resolution examples to get things done
You want to get things done. And January 1st is as good as any day to get started.
- Stop procrastinating
- Sign up for a competition
- Write a book
- Be more organized
- Declutter your space
- Be tidier
- Get a new job/client
List of smart New Year’s resolutions examples
Did you know that by improving yourself by 1% every day, you will be 37 times better after a year [1.01365 = 37.78]? That’s pretty cool, isn’t it?
So, here are a few goals to make you smarter…
- Learn a new skill
- Learn to cook
- Learn a language
- Learn how to “dress for success”
- Learn more about a specific topic
- Be current about current events
- Read more books and articles
Financial New Year Goals
Whether you’re stressed because your financial situation is tense, or you simply want to make better choices…
It always feels great when you have your finances under control.
So, here are a few New Year’s resolutions to improve your financial situation:
- Save money
- Get out of debt
- Build a side hustle / business
- Earn more money
- Set a budget
List of social New Year’s resolutions examples
This next section obviously depends on your current Covid regulations. It can be complicated to meet people and hang out…
But even in the worst case, you can at least meet via Zoom or other video apps.
Also, the examples in our New Year’s resolution lists are always useful. They are called New Year’s goals because that’s when most people get motivated to improve their lives.
44. Make new friends
45. Be more social
47. Join a club
48. Spend more time with your family
49. Find your significant other
50. Travel more
Bonus: New Year’s resolution examples for students
Obviously, most examples in our New Year’s resolution lists above can also apply if you’re still in school.
Still, I thought it would be great to add New Year’s resolutions that are more specifically for students:
- Learn something new
- Participate more in class
- Get more involved outside lectures
- Create a plan for your future
- Take a part-time job
- Go to events in your area
- Take the lead on assessments
- Socialize more
- Start meal prepping
- Get a (paid) internship
- Use a daily planner
- Finish your homework early
- Find a mentor
- Dedicate time each week to career development
New Year’s Resolution Examples Infographic
I hope this list of New Year’s resolution examples helps you pick your favorite ideas and come up with your own.
Any day can be your January 1st
So, are you ready to improve yourself and your life? Find out how to set the right goals, and make a plan you can stick to!
Have fun with your goals,
Improve yourself. Improve your life!
PS: Put your favorite goal examples in the comments and let me know if I missed any important New Year’s resolutions on this list.
What to read next
- You’ll Never Achieve Your Dreams & Goals Without Clarity
- Why & How Need To Start Success Journaling Like Elite VIP
- Which of the 8 Types of Motivation Drives YOU
- Areas of Personal Growth – Focus on Just One - September 3, 2022
- Let No One Stop You From Following Your Dreams - August 13, 2022
- 28 Personal Development Activities to Ace Your Life - July 25, 2022